Program Director Job Description
The Youth Business Alliance (YBA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2012 to provide career and business education to high school students in under-resourced communities.
Our mission is to help youth discover their dreams and embrace their brilliance through real world business experiences that build confidence, career opportunities and life-changing skills. We currently partner with 20 high schools in the Los Angeles area, and are pursuing an expansion to Houston, TX. We provide curriculum, guest speakers, field trips, mock interview days, summer camps, scholarships and alumni programs and teacher support/professional development to advance our mission.
We are seeking a Program Director who will leverage their experience training and supporting teachers and youth in a business curriculum to play a lead role in managing partnerships between schools and the private sector. A part-time Program Manager who coordinates volunteers and program events will report to the Program Director.
The Program Director will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for:
- Outreaching and recruiting school partners to meet annual goals for the volume of school partnerships and students enrolled and managing those relationships.
- Meeting annual program revenue goals.
- Planning and leading all program activities including field trips, mock interview days, student and teacher events and workshops, and corporate partner events and programs with support from the Program Manager and Partnership Director
- Supervising Program Manager to liaise between school partners and guest speakers; onboarding and recruiting new speakers
- Utilizing the CRM database to track partnership communication and agreements.
- Overseeing the Program Manager in implementation of YBA student enrollment, waivers and collection of impact surveys
- Leading the planning and completion of YBA student and teacher initiatives: Summer Camp, Scholarship Awards, Alumni Program, new partnerships
- Serving as the Staff Leader and running meetings for the Program and Outreach Committees for the Board of Directors
- Adopting and rolling out new technology for program purposes
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business/entrepreneurship
- 4+ years’ experience in non-profits, education, or enrichment programs for high school students
- Experience supervising others, excellent teamwork
- A self-motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Outgoing, with excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Drive, Microsoft Word
- Ability to think strategically, build plans and lead new initiatives
Terms of Employment
- This is a full-time, exempt position working remotely, but must be in the Los Angeles area for external meetings and school visits
- In-person travel to school sites, partner meetings, presentations to students, teacher professional development, field trips and more are required.
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience, range $70k -80k (benefits package included)
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We will reach out to candidates on a rolling basis, should we be interested. No calls please.
Youth Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.